Do you Qualify for a Girard College Scholarship?
All accepted students receive full scholarships for their years at Girard College. Our unique program has very specific criteria.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Is your student at least five years old, enrolled in a kindergarten program, and/or applying for grades 1-11?
- Does your student come from a home without one or both biological parents?
(Children who live with grandparents, relatives, foster parents or guardians are also eligible.
Children who live with one biological parent and a step-parent are eligible.)
- Is your student a United States Citizen or Resident Alien?
- Does your family demonstrate financial need (review HUD guidelines for low income families*)?
(Click on "Click Here for FY 2017 Income Limit Documentation" - see chart below)
- Does your student have consistently good grades in all academic subjects?
- Is your student on grade level or above in all core subjects?
- Will your student's teachers (current and previous schools) provide positive social and behavioral statements about your child?
- Does your student demonstrate good citizenship?
- Can your student live on campus from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon?
If you answer YES to all of these questions, then we invite you to APPLY today!
* Girard uses the low income limits (80%) for Philadelphia County. Families not in Philadelphia
should call HUD or log onto huduser.org to find information for their county.