Promote a friendly and welcoming environment within the lower school residential office and help it to run efficiently.
- Greet visitors, students and staff.
- Provide direction around the dormitories.
- Assist students, staff and/or visitors with knowledge of nightly schedule/activities.
- Answer lower school residential office line and direct calls to appropriate area or staff.
- Assist students with use of phone.
- Assist with basic office equipment: use of copier and fax
- Assist residential dean with communication efforts: emails, newsletters, calls home to families
Qualifications: General knowledge of Girard College, possess good communication skills and basic computer skills, have willingness to work with students as well as a team of residential staff. You must be positive and be able to take directions. Previous office experience is a plus.
Time commitment: Ideally we would like someone who can volunteer several times during the week (Monday-Thursday 4pm-9pm). Dinner will be provided in the school cafeteria. This volunteer experience would be for an entire school year, September-June.