The goal of our campus health services is to ensure that every child is in optimal health by supporting his or her physical, emotional, mental and social well-being to promote success in learning by providing:
- 24-hour nursing coverage, while students reside on campus, with a licensed RN as well as LPNs under the guidance of a Medical Director provided by duPont-Nemours Pediatrics.
- A wide scope of medical services ranging from dispensing medication, ongoing assessments and basic first aid to responding to medical emergencies.
- Physician available twice weekly to evaluate, treat and provide prescriptions if needed.
- Separate male and female 7-bed wards to accommodate students requiring monitoring or overnight stays.
- Current partnership with Temple Kornberg Dental Clinic to provide dental services to our students by request.
Girard College is committed to student wellness. Read our Wellness Policy here.
Girard College participates in the Pennsylvania School Nutrition Program. In this program, students are eligible for and receive meal service through the help of the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, the After School Snack Program, and the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP currently applies to 1st through 8th grades only; however, High School students have access to fresh fruit and vegetables through Girard College’s general meal service).
Additionally, through participation in the School Nutrition Program, all Girard College students are eligible for and encouraged to take advantage of the Summer Food Service Program. Schools or families may use any of the following methods to locate nearby sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877877 during the summer months
- Text “SUMMER MEALS” or “VERANO” to 97779
- Use the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org