Girard College participates in the Pennsylvania School Nutrition Program. In this program, students are eligible for and receive meal service through the help of the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, the After School Snack Program, and the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP currently applies to 1st through 8th grades only; however, High School students have access to fresh fruit and vegetables through Girard College’s general meal service).
Additionally, through participation in the School Nutrition Program, all Girard College students are eligible for and encouraged to take advantage of the Summer Food Service Program. Schools or families may use any of the following methods to locate nearby sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877877 during the summer months
- Text “SUMMER MEALS” or “VERANO” to 97779
- Use the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org