Health & Wellness
Healthy Bodies, Bright Futures
At Girard College, we believe that a healthy body and mind are essential for academic success and personal growth. With our comprehensive health and wellness focused services and programs, we are committed to empowering students to thrive in all aspects of their lives.
Comprehensive Health Services
Health Services is located at the center of Campus but also has a satellite office in each school building to provide easy access for students during the school day. The Health Services Team ensures that every child is in optimal health and ready to learn and they keep and maintain all medical records and information with Magnus, an electronic Medical records system.
Our program provides:
- On-Site Medical Care: Our dedicated team of medical professionals ensures that students receive prompt and personalized medical attention when needed. This includes a wide scope of medical services ranging from dispensing medication, ongoing assessments and basic first aid to responding to medical emergencies.
- Collaborative Care Planning: We partner with off campus medical providers to create care plans for students who need ongoing support when at school.
- Resources: We partner with families to provide resources when students need dental, vision, sports physicals or other medical needs.
Important information for returning and prospective students:
- Girard follows PIAA standards for sports physicals, therefore all physicals must be completed on or after June 1 of the current year.
- Girard follows state and local vaccines requirements with the additional recommendation of MCV (Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine) and Tdap (Tetanus with Pertussis booster).
Wellness is an integral part of residential education and life. Girard College has developed our wellness policy in response to a growing concern about unhealthy weight and inactivity among American children – and among our own students.
It is the intent of the wellness policy to encourage sound and healthful choices in nutrition, athletics and activities by our students while they are young, so they may build a healthy lifestyle into adulthood. We also hope to involve students’ families in educating and encouraging their general health and wellness being – both at school and at home.
Healthy Dining Services
At Girard, nutrition is part of our students’ daily education. Our dining experience is provided in partnership with Aramark Student Nutrition. Our Dining Services Team, led by award winning Executive Chef, Ryan Budd provides nutritious meals prepared with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, ensuring that students have the fuel they need to thrive academically and physically. Our team strives to ensure an exceptional dining experience for our students, and we value and encourage feedback to help us achieve this goal.