The Girard Difference
Selecting the right learning environment for your child’s school is one of the most important decisions you can make. Girard College provides a weekday campus home that is optimal for learning. Students benefit from a living and learning environment during the weekdays paired with essential time together with family and community on the weekends. This thoughtful balance builds responsible study and life skills so students can thrive in all ways.
Embraced by the Girard family, students experience structure with support, guided independence with responsibility, and an expansive space to safely explore and grow—intellectually, physically, and emotionally. Through challenging academics and transformative experiences, they are empowered to build on their strengths and shape their own success.
Located in Philadelphia on a beautiful 43-acre campus brimming with historic architecture, students and faculty have access to all the remarkable facets a major city has to offer. From project-based learning opportunities to collaborative partnerships with esteemed organizations, students can discover new interests or explore passions through direct interactions with leaders who want to share their expertise.
Readiness to learn and academic success are closely linked to social and emotional growth, a key component of a Girard education. Every student who shows a need is fully supported by a Student Achievement Team composed of counselors and specialists who help address difficult topics, establish meaningful relationships, and work together with the student to make constructive progress.
Students fully embrace their tight-knit community and shape each other’s lives through reciprocal mentorship. A strong lifelong bond develops among older and younger students and alumni—a unifying pride in being Girardian.
Join the Girard Family
Thank you for your interest in Girard College!
Please review the information on this page regarding eligibility for our program and first steps in the application process.
The best way to reach us is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call 215-787-2621. We look forward to hearing from you.
Director of Admissions
All accepted students receive full scholarships that are renewed yearly. Our unique program has very specific criteria.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Student must currently reside in a household headed by a single biological parent or guardian. Eligible students cannot currently live with both biological parents in the same household.
- Student must be at least 5 years old, enrolled in a kindergarten program, and/or applying for grades 1-10.
- Student must demonstrate excellent academic achievement
- Student must have a GPA at or above 2.5 or C
- Student must demonstrate a commitment to our core values: Respect, Responsibility, Courage, Compassion, Integrity
- Student must not have any negative disciplinary reports
- Student must be able to live on campus 5 days a week, from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon.
- Student must demonstrate financial need. Please see Financial Eligibility below.
Girard College serves families with limited financial means to lessen their financial burden while they strive to improve their socioeconomic situation. With this goal in mind, families are financially eligible to apply to Girard College if parent/guardian annual income does not exceed the provided household size thresholds listed below:
Household / Family Size : 2021 Annual Income
2 : $43,550
3 : $54,900
4 : $66,250
5 : $77,600
6 : $88,950
If you meet all the eligibility requirements above, then we invite you to visit us and apply!
Checklist for New Applicants
At this time, all new applications will be considered for the 2023-24 school year.
Acceptance to Girard College is not guaranteed. Availability of seats is very limited and enrollment can be a competitive process. Parents and guardians are expected to be active participants in the admissions process.
Active enrollment for the 2023-24 school year will cease once capacity is met. Any application received after April 30th, 2022, may not be considered for the 2023-24 school year.
1. Please review and confirm that you meet all of our Eligibility Requirements (listed above).
2. Once you confirm that your student is eligible for admission, click the button titled “Begin Your Application” (listed below) and follow all instructions to upload required documents and submit your application.
- We understand that it may be difficult to obtain transcripts, teacher recommendations and test scores. However, these documents are critical to our application process. If you are having trouble obtaining the necessary information to complete your application, please contact us.
- If you have more than one child interested in Girard College, you must submit an application for each child separately.
3. Once the application is completed and required documents have been received and verified, students who are determined to meet all eligibilities will be contacted to schedule their Admissions Assessments and Shadow Day visit.
If you have any questions regarding Girard College or the Admissions process, please email us at email@example.com or call 215-787-2621.