All accepted students receive full scholarships for their years at Girard College. Our unique program has very specific criteria.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Is your student at least five years old, enrolled in a kindergarten program, and/or applying for grades 1-11?
- Does your student come from a home without one or both biological parents? (Children who live with grandparents, relatives, foster parents or guardians are also eligible. Children who live with one biological parent and a step-parent are eligible.)
- Is your student a United States Citizen or Resident Alien?
- Does your family demonstrate financial need*?
- Does your student have consistently good grades in all academic subjects?
- Is your student on grade level or above in all core subjects?
- Will your student's teachers (current and previous schools) provide positive social and behavioral statements about your child?
- Does your student demonstrate good citizenship?
- Can your student live on campus from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon?
*Financial need is determined using School and Student Services guidelines for independent schools . Contact our office for more details.