All accepted students receive full scholarships for their years at Girard College. Our unique program has very specific criteria.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Is your student at least five years old, enrolled in a kindergarten program, and/or applying for grades 1-11?
- Does your student come from a home without one or both biological parents? (Children who live with grandparents, relatives, foster parents or guardians are also eligible. Children who live with one biological parent and a step-parent are eligible.)
- Is your student a United States Citizen or Resident Alien?
- Does your family demonstrate financial need?*
- Does your student have consistently good grades in all academic subjects?
- Is your student on grade level or above in all core subjects?
- Will your student's teachers (current and previous schools) provide positive social and behavioral statements about your child?
- Does your student demonstrate good citizenship?
- Can your student live on campus from Sunday evening through Friday afternoon?
*Financial need is determined using School and Student Services guidelines for independent schools . Contact our office for more details.